Cricket Namibia is the custodian of all cricket structures and programs in Namibia and is proud to announce a new vacancy for a High-Performance Manager of the Cricket Namibia pipeline. The purpose of the position is to drive top level performance culture by providing structures to deliver successful players.
1) Management and administration of the entire pipeline. (15%)
2) Assistant to National Head Coach. (15%)
3) Coaching of High Performance identified players. (50 %)
4) Career path development for all identified players. (15%)
5) Coach Education and development of coaches (15%)
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
The following qualifications are a minimum requirement but not limited for this position.
- An international accredited level III coaching qualification.
- Sports Administration, General management or similar degree.
- Experience of working with players between the ages of 15 and 22.
- Experience of working in a high-performance environment.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
The main areas of responsibility under the job specifications are classified below:
1) Management and administration of the entire pipeline.
• Responsible for all logistics of the program.
• Sufficient management of budgetary requirements.
• Clear and pro-active communication to all relevant stakeholders.
• Monitor progress of all players in the program.
• Active reporting of program progress.
2) Assistant to National Head Coach.
• Assist the National Men’s coach with morning practices.
• Track, monitor and assist national players not in touring group.
3) Coaching of High Performance identified players.
• Regular coaching of all players in the High-Performance program both male and
• Specific focus on uplifting players from the coastal region.
• Improvement of technical and tactical skill with a specific focus on improved
4) Career path development and tracking of all identified players.
• Assist in the development of a practical and specific career path inclusive of afterschool education options and cricket career development.
• Track and monitor Namibian players in other cricket structures around the world.
Increase their availability for selection into national teams.
5) Coach Education and development of coaches:
• Head up the coach education programs through the facilitation of courses and
• Create coach development opportunities.
• Grow the number and quality of coaches at school and club level.
BASIC SKILL REQUIREMENTS
The basic skills required for this position includes but is not limited to:
- Computer literacy skills inclusive of outlook, word and excel.
- Professional communication skills both verbal and electronically.
- Driver’s license
Applications close on the 29th of July 2022. Candidates must submit a current CV, certified copies of all qualifications and two references. Applications must be sent to [email protected].