Cricket Namibia is seeking to employ an outstanding individual with the ambition, commitment and skills to be the full time National Mens Team Coach and High Performance Manager who will be charged with helping achieve Cricket Namibia’s objective of moving the game forward and ensuring that the National Mens Team compete at the highest level in all formats of the game.
In addition to excellent technical skills and knowledge we require a person skilled as a communicator and motivator who can get the best from players.
The position will be for a period of 3 years.
The successful candidate must:
- Have a valid International Cricket Council Level 3 Coaching Certificate or international equivalent.
- Have at least 3 years detailed and specific experience as head coach at least at First Class level. Preference will be given to candidates with international experience.
- Have experience working in a High Performance environment at first class level. Preference will be given to candidates with international experience.
- Be resident in Windhoek, Namibia but must be willing to travel for all National Team matches and tours outside of Namibia.
- Be able to work closely with Cricket Namibia’s development coaching staff and age group coaches.
- Preference will be given to Namibian applicants.
The successful candidate’s responsibilities will be wide ranging and broad, and in line with the Cricket Namibia’s Strategic Plan for cricket development. These include activities relating to High Performance, talent identification and development. Key areas of focus will be:
- Head Coach of the National Men’s Cricket Team for all formats including ICC qualification events.
- High Performance Management: this will include overseeing the development, implementation and management of Cricket Namibia’s High-Performance initiatives.
- Strategic and Operational Planning including assistance in developing comprehensive plans and supporting programs to meet the Cricket Namibia’s strategic short, medium and long-term objectives for cricket development at all levels.
Applications to reach the CEO no later than Friday 24 August 2018 by email only to firstname.lastname@example.org. Cricket Namibia reserves the right to check credentials, contact references and conduct interviews.